What are the new utilities included with Backtrack 5r3? I couldn’t find a list, so I decided to make one myself comparing BT5r2 with the latest version. This is not an exhaustive list, but hopefully it will help people see some of the very cool new tools and programs added to Backtrack.
I listed the program name and tried to give a short description of what it does. If I screwed any up, please let me know!
Identify Live Hosts:
- dnmap – Distributed NMap
- address6 (The Second “Alive6” entry) – IPV6 address conversion
Information Gathering Analysis
- Jigsaw – Grabs information about company employees
- Uberharvest – E-mail harvester
- sslcaudit – SSL Cert audit
- VoIP honey – VoIP Honeypot
- urlcrazy – Detects URL typos used in typo squatting, url hijacking, phishing
- Apache_users – Apache username enumerator
- Deblaze – Performs enumeration & interrogation against Flash remote end points
View original post 244 more words