Oracle HRMS Payroll -Retry,Reverse and Rollback a Payroll process
Marking and Retrying Payroll Runs and Other Processes
To mark a small payroll process for retry
- In the Payroll Processes window, select the process to retry and check the Retry box. This effectively marks every employee assignment included in the process for reprocessing when you retry it.
To mark a large payroll process for retry ->
- In the Submit Requests window, select Mark Payroll Run for Retry in the Name field if you are retrying a payroll run. Otherwise select Mark Process for Retry. These processes have the same parameters, Payroll Process and Assignment Set.
- Select the process you are marking for retry.
- Leave the Assignment Set field blank.
- Choose Submit.
To mark an individual employee assignment for retry
- In the Assignment Processes window, select the assignment to retry and check the Retry box. Then when you retry the process, only these assignments are reprocessed. This is a convenient approach when only a few assignments require reprocessing.
Correcting Run Results Reversals
You reverse pay runs in the Reverse Payroll Run window for the employee assignment.
To reverse a payroll run or QuickPay for an assignment
- Select the run you want to reverse.
All the payroll runs for the assignment are displayed when you open the window.
- Select the Reverse check box for the run you want to reverse.
The consolidation set for the run automatically displays as the consolidation set for the reversal.
- Select a different consolidation set if you want to process the reversal in a different set to the original run set.
After running the payroll and if post run processing has already occurred we cannot correct the payroll by retry, even in case of roll back we need to roll back the complete Payroll for correcting an entry for one or two assignment.
In these cases we can use Payroll Reversal. In short Payroll Reversal helps to correct the run result for an single assignment
To Reverse the Payroll run for an assignment
(R) US HRMS Manager
(N) Fast Path > Reverse Payroll Run
Select the Assignment that you need to reverse from the LOV, Tick the Reverse Check Box for the Payroll that we need to reverse and save the work. Consolidation set for the run will be automatically displayed for the Reversal
Now the Run Result is been reversed to the Value before the payroll Run. Now you can modify the Entry and start processing your payroll again.
Rolling Back Payroll Runs and Other Processes
You can roll back a process in one of several ways depending on the extent of the rollback.
|If you want to …||Then refer to…|
|Roll back processes for a few individuals||Rolling Back a Process from the Payroll Processes Window|
|Roll back processes for many employees (defined as an assignment set)||Rolling Back a Process from the Submit Requests Window|
|Roll back an assignment process for an individual employee||Rolling Back a Process from the Assignment Processes Window|
Once the Payroll /Quick Pay process is completed if there is some issue or if some correction need to be made. We can either
What Rollback does?
In simple word to explain Rollback process reset the Run Result and the Latest balance back to the value before running the Payroll Process.
Rollback process has to be run in the same reverse sequence of the Payroll Run. for eg. for processing the payroll, we run the following process in sequence Payroll run, Prepayment, costing, Transfer to GL. Similarly for the Rollback we need to run in the reverse sequence Rollback Transfer to GL, Rollback Costing, Rollback Prepayment, Rollback Payroll Run.
Note: if the costing details are imported into GL then we cannot rollback the process.So it is always advisable to run the Transfer to GL process after all validation and checking are done and run this process when we feel no more modification are needed
List of Process type that can be rolled back in PF K RUP1
- Advance Pay Element
- Balance Adjustment
- Bank or Post office Payment
- Batch element entry
- cheque writer
- Costing of Payment
- Estimate costing
- ext/Manual Payment
- Magnetic report
- Magnetic Transfer
- QuickPay Pre-Payment
- Quick Pay run
- Report Generator
- Retro Costing
- Retro Pay
- Retro Pay by Action
- Retro Pay by element
- Transfer to GL
- Void Payment
Rolling Back a Process from the Payroll Processes Window
Use the Payroll Processes window when you want to roll back a process for a few individuals.
To roll back a process from the Payroll Processes window:
- Select the process record.
- Select Delete Record from the Edit menu.
Rolling Back a Process from the Submit Requests Window
Use the Submit Requests window when you want to roll back a process for many employees. If you do not want to roll back the process for all employees originally processed, you must create an assignment set. See: Creating an Assignment Set.
To roll back a process from the Submit Requests window:
- In the Name field, do one of the following:
- Select Rollback to roll back all processes except a payroll run.
- Select Rollback Run to roll back a payroll run.
- Mexico only: Select Rollback MX Payroll Processes.
- If the Parameters box does not appear, click in the Parameters field.
- Select the process to roll back. The list for Rollback displays processing dates with the corresponding process types, payrolls, and consolidation sets. The list for Rollback Run displays process run dates with the corresponding period dates and payrolls.
- To roll back processing for an assignment set, select the set name.
- Choose Submit.
Rolling Back a Process from the Assignment Processes Window
Use the Assignment Processes window when you want to roll back a process for an individual employee assignment.
To roll back an assignment process:
- Select the record for the assignment process.
- Choose Delete Record from the Edit menu.
Source of the Information(Copied)