First download bootsect.exe into the Download directory.
windows key, type
cmd.exe and on the result (The command prompt) start it as an “Administrator” by right clicking on the cmd icon, and select
Run as Administrator.
In the new cmd.exe window, cd to your download directory. for example
cd C:\Users\Lalu Patel\Downloads. _assuming your user name is “Lalu Patel”.
Then enter this command.
bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force /mbr. Restart your system to see that, Windows is automatically loading without grub.
Then in Windows
- Open the Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the Administrative Tools icon. then close the Control Panel window
- Click on Computer Management in
Administrative Tools, then close the Administrative Tools window.
- In the left pane under Storage, click on
Disk Management. see this.
- Select the the partition with
unknowntype. it is the Ubuntu partition. Right Click -> Delete partition.
- Now the former Ubuntu partition becomes an unallocated space.
- Select the left partition of the new
- Right click on the partition -> click on
- Click on the Next button.
- Type in how many MB (1 GB = 1024 MB) you want to use from the unallocated space to extend the selected partition (step 5) into, then click on the Next button.see this.
Note: If you want to use all of the unallocated space to extend into, then type in the maximum available space shown for the unallocated space.
- Click on the Finish button. You’re done.